Sergio Perez said on Thursday that he is certain that the Mexican Grand Prix will not drop off the 2015 Formula One calendar as it did for 2014.
Mexico is due to return as a host venue next year after a 23-year absence, following an announcement made in Mexico City on Wednesday.
Perez, who races for Force India, said: "I am 100 per cent sure that we will go to Mexico next year.
"I have no doubt about that. Everything was confirmed last year, but it was a very difficult situation due to the time we had to build the circuit.
"But now there is no doubt. We all can think that we are going there, and already they are building the circuit.
"They are starting to work on the circuit, so we are definitely going there."
Perez added that he was feeling enthusiastic about the race in his homeland and promised a high-quality event that may surprise many people.
"I was unlucky to not be in a race in Mexico and I think it will be quite different. I am really enthusiastic and I am sure you will be surprised about how good we will do the events," he said.
"It is great. I am so happy. Since I left my home, 13-14 years ago, I never raced in Mexico, so to go back and race in F1 will be great.
"It is great for my country. They have been really pushing for so many years since I came to F1.
"The spirit of the fans is massive back home so it is great for my country and my fans - and you will all be surprised with how the event will be."